Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I used to rule the world,/ Seas would rise when I gave the word,/ Now in the morning I sleep alone,/ Sweep the streets I used to own...

Hello again! Here are pictures of La Alhambra, which means "the red city" in Arabic. La Alhambra overlooks Granada, and you will see amazing views of the city. The pictures I took of La Alhambra itself were taken in the Albaycín (old neighborhood of Granada), and in this trip I took pictures of the Albaycín from La Alhambra. Enjoy! :)











Now. Go look up what "granada" means in a Spanish-English dictionary. Yeah, Granada is where they grow a lot of them. :) They sell them in all the markets, and you can even have it as a topping on frozen yogurt. YUM.


Most of the walls and ceilings are COVERED in carvings like this. Many of the walls have Arabic carved in them, too. You'll see that in other pictures below.





There are many wild cats and kittens running around la Alhambra. It's very hard for me to not run over to them and pet them. They run away if you try, anyway.
















That last picture is the ceiling of the room where I think the king's throne is located. I can't remember. But it's a cool ceiling to look at.



There. Arabic. It's probably Arabic-style calligraphy. Couldn't tell you what it says, but I think it's cool.



El Albaycín. See the building at the top, a little to the left, with the rectangle sticking up? That's a church in the Albaycín. Next to it is the courtyard from which we took pictures of la Alhambra. I have pictures of it with better views, too. Just keep scrolling. *sings* Just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, what to we do? We scroll, scroll... Sorry. Couldn't resist.
















Beautiful, beautiful Granada, Spain.


More to come...

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment